PLEDGE FOR WELDERS


PLEDGE FOR WELDERS

1. I will weld only on qualified position, qualified material, qualified consumables and qualified process only.

2. I will understand the WPS of each joint before I start Welding.

3.  I will use the welding consumables with its proper baking/handling requirements.

4. I will clean all weld bevels before starting of welding.

5. I will ensure that all weld passes are cleaned properly.

6. I will not do weaving more than 2.5 times the diameter of electrode/filler wire.

7. I will support for executing all intermediate NDT's (Root PT and MPT) in the welding.

8. I will weld all welds with 100% radiography quality.

9. I will weld socket weld and fillet weld joints with more than one pass.

10. I will use electrode/filler wire up to the last 1" length.

11. It is my responsibility to teach and make understand about the welding requirements to my helper/assistant.

12. I will weld with all the safety precautions so that my fellow workers and myself will be safe.

13. I will not weld on an improperly fit-up joint.

14. I will inform to welding inspector/engineer if any issues are found before, during or after welding.

15. I will do my job with proper care of my welding consumables.

16. I will teach and train new members on this trade.

17. I am responsible for the quality of weld, what I did.

18. I will keep all my qualification credentials when I am on job and will offer for inspectors as and when asked.

19. I will switch-off all power and gas connections when my work is over.

20. I will ensure the cleanliness of work area, machineries and other items related to my work.


Disclaimer: The ideas presented are of own ideas or the ideas that are felt acceptable to the blogger. Photos are taken from different websites. If this violates any copyright rules this will be removed. Please inform me if any of the photos or contents violates copyright rules. (through 13hareesh13@gmail.com). This blog is meant for educational purpose only. If it is used for any other means without the written consent from the author, the author will not be responsible. Author does not guarantee the accuracy of data used in this blog.All the information, data, photo/image, calculations presented in this blog should be used at the sole risk of the user. The blogger is not liable or responsible in any way for any damage, losses or costs arising from use of the blog for any purpose whatsoever or whosoever it may be. The blog is to be used at your sole risk and responsibility.

Comments